Monday, September 16, 2013

Polish Together - September birthstone: Sapphire


Nubar is one of those frustrating mainstream brands out there. I love most of what they put out but they're not widely available and they put out collections sporadically at best. But what I can get my grubby little hands on, I love!

The birthstone for September is Sapphire and I have the perfect deep blue polish in Nubar - Night Sparkle.




It is the most apropos name for a polish. Cause this gem sparkles like the most beautiful of nights! There's light blue shimmer aplenty housed in a deep (but not dark) blue. 

The formula is fantastic. What I've shown is with 2 coats. But as is the usual case with blues, this one's a stainer so I would advise doubling up on basecoat and when removing, to FULLY saturate a cotton pad with remover, hold it on your nail for 15 seconds or more, then try to get it all off in one clean swipe. 

Ah, sapphires, so pretty but cost such a pretty coin. I'll just have to settle for staring at my fingers then. :P





No comments:

Post a Comment