Thursday, September 19, 2013

31DC2013 Day 19 : Galaxies < colours in the night sky >


I've been really intimidated to try Galaxy Nails because I could not understand, how mixing so many different seemingly un-complementary colours together could result in such a complex and beautiful mani. 

Well, today's 31 Day Challenge theme of Galaxies is just the push I needed to finally try out this look and I'm pleasantly surprised that it was not horrifyingly difficult to achieve at all! 

Sure, you have to select a good mix of colours, and you have to be judicious in how much of each colour you sponge on the nail but there are really no rules. Blue, green, yellow, white, I've seen all sorts of combinations for galaxy nails.

Here's my take:



This mani was achieved by sponging on the different colours over a scattered holo base, applying a coat of holo glitter on top and randomly dabbing on bigger pieces of glitter.

Here are the polishes I used:



BASE
piCture pOlish - Starry Night by Llarowe

COLOURS
China Glaze (1) Blue Bells Ring (2) Pelican Gray (3) Pure Elegance

GLITTERS
China Glaze - Fairy Dust, Essie - Set in Stones

I think this is definitely a look I'm going to be recreating in the future, with other colour combinations. It's fairly quick and glamourous nail art! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment