Tuesday, September 17, 2013

31DC2013 Day 16 : Tribal Print < an Asian perspective >


The typical design that comes to mind when you think about Tribal Print is some version of the Maori warrior tattoo. I wanted to give a different twist to this 31 Day Challenge theme by looking at the design from an Asian perspective.

And what better inspiration to look toward than one of the most outlying reaches of Asia - Mongolia.

To this day, there are still a great number of Mongols living nomadically, carrying on their rich culture and language.

In particular, their ceremonial costumes are absolutely gorgeous! The amount of intricate needle work sewn on each one of their designs is breathtaking.



I based my mani mainly off these pieces.


So gorg! Here's what I came up with



This design turned out to be more demanding than I initially envisioned. This was the absolutely longest time I spent on any nail art design. But I'm pretty confident this is a unique mani. :D

Next up tomorrow: glitter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment