Friday, September 27, 2013

31DC2013 Day 26 : Inspired by a Pattern < retro circles >


If you look closely enough, you'll see patterns everywhere, in our daily life. On the grooves of the sidewalk, the perfectly aligned metal steel rods on worksites, your grandma's curtains... *chuckle*, that's what this pattern that I've chosen for Day 26 of the 31 Day Challenge reminds me of.

It's a groovy, repeating circles design, in these very retro colours. I can picture those dancers on Soul Train wearing pants from these patterns!

This is the original pattern that served as inspiration for my design





And my corresponding mani



If you'll notice, the colours on my middle and ringfinger are slightly different. I painted the design on my middle finger first and felt that the colours looked too washed out, so I made all the shades a tad darker for my ring finger's design and I think it turned out brilliantly, although one could argue that the colours on the first attempt give off an overall softer feel.

The polish on my other fingers is Darling Diva Polish - Caramel Martini. I's an off-white crelly base with black, yellow, pink glitters in various sizes. As with all her polishes, a dream to apply! This is 3 thin coats with top coat.

I was a little unsure about how successfully this pattern would translate to my nails but I think it turned out well. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment